The TA Infant Center provides a warm and welcoming environment where young children can grow, learn, and discover the world. Our teachers are focused on creating experiences and opportunities that invite exploration and support the rapid and important development that occurs in a child’s first year.
- Encourage physical growth by providing opportunities for children to use their fingers, hands, and whole bodies.
- Facilitate language development by talking to the students constantly throughout the day, reading them stories, and getting on their level to explore alongside them.
- Promote the development of a healthy sense of self by responding to each individual child's needs in a respectful manner.
- Are available to speak with parents briefly each morning during arrival or at the end of the school day after all students have been picked up.
- Send photos to parents daily upon request to keep them connected with their child since separating can be a difficult transition.
- Track student growth using developmental milestone checklists and share information frequently with parents.
Our teachers are loving and intuitive, with a deep understanding of what this age needs. They are skilled at implementing individualized frameworks for each child, while nurturing a cohesive whole group dynamic. Our average teacher-to-child ratio is 1:3.
A daily classroom schedule is posted in the classroom as well as each child's individual daily log where teachers track eating, napping, diapering and any other pertinent details to share with parents.
The daily schedule varies based on student needs, but generally, a day proceeds as follows:
Infant Daily Schedule*
8:15-8:30 - Drop Off/Welcome
8:30- Music Time
9:00 - Morning Snack
9:30 - Morning Walk
10:00 - Morning Nap
12:00 - Lunch
12:30 - Free Play/Tummy Time
1:00 - Storytime
2:00 - Afternoon Nap
3:30 - Afternoon Snack
4:00 - Pick-Up/Goodbyes
*Schedule varies based on each baby's individual needs. Staff pays close attention to all of the babies' signals. No baby will ever be denied their need for food or sleep in order to adhere to the schedule or for any other reason.