Children, teachers, and parents are all partners in the education and child development at the Torah Academy Early Childhood. It is important to us at Torah Academy EC for parents to be both actively involved in their children’s development as well as being constantly informed of their children’s progress in learning and development. We encourage parents to be active contributors to children’s activities in the classroom and in the school and we have an open communication policy between teachers, staff and parents.
Here are some of the ways we ensure that TA EC parents can be constantly involved in their child’s development:
- Active communication between teachers and parents – Our teachers are easily accessible via email, phone or at drop-off and pick-up times to discuss children’s development and unique needs with parents.
- Weekly Newsletter – Our weekly newsletters keeps parents up to date on what is happening in each class that week.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences – Parent/teacher conferences are held twice a year to keep parents up to date on their child’s progress. Teachers are also available to meet with parents privately outside of the formal conference time.
- Parents can observe anytime – Our classrooms are always open to parents. Parents can observe their child in class to see for themselves how their child is coping in school.
- Parent Association – The Parent Association works as a liaison between the Parents, the School Director and the Teachers. The Board works during the year to support events and programs for the children and has fundraisers to enhance the school. The parent association is involved in bringing a good spirit to the school by hosting family events for preschool families and school holiday events throughout the year.